Owning a home comes with many benefits and responsibilities. Be sure to consider the following before you buy:
- Mortgage Down Payment – How much money will you need to have for a down payment? Down payment assistance programs may be available to some new home owners. In certain cases, no money is required. Ask your financial specialist for more details
- Taxes and Homeowner’s Insurance – Remember to estimate these costs and add them to your mortgage payment to get a true picture of how much your monthly payment will be.
- Buying vs. Renting – Weigh all your options. Is it really cheaper to buy versus rent?
- Tax Benefits – What does this mean to you and what are the current tax benefits that homeowners receive that renters do not?
Learn about the loan process. From the first document you provide, to the last page you sign.
- Prequalification and Pre-Approval – What does a prequalification tell me? What do I need to provide to get pre-approved for a loan?
- Closing Costs – Learn what is included in closing costs and why they vary from lender to lender.
- Closing on a House – Finally found the perfect home! Learn how to work with your realtor and loan officer to get the keys and move in.
Determine what your monthly payments may look like if you own a home. Use the calculator to view various loan scenarios and get an idea of how much you can afford.
Learn about the loan process, from the financial documents you’ll need to provide to what to expect at closing.
- Fixed-Rate Mortgage – Will I need a 30 year or 15 year?
- Adjustable-Rate Mortgage (ARM) – Will an ARM save me money? Is it right for me?
- Other Products and Programs – What questions to ask you loan officer about other loan options.
FIND OUT HOW MUCH YOU QUALIFY FOR TODAY